Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
We’re sure you have plenty of questions, after all it’s not every day someone can train like an astronaut. We’ve provided answers to the most commonly asked questions in the section below. The topics cover a wide range of questions regarding Waypoint 2 Space and our programs. If you have a question that is not addressed on this page, feel free to use the form on our Contact Page to drop us a line or you can email us directly by clicking here.
What should I bring?
- Passport (Non-US) or Drivers License (US) required
- Valid Scuba open water certification certificate
- Current FAA Class 3 Medical Certificate (or international equivalent)
- Lock (if needed) for securing items in the lockers
What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
Dress each day with comfortable clothes. You will receive a flight suit which can be placed over your clothing. Closed toe shoes or sneakers are mandatory. Footwear like sandals or high-heels are not permitted. Lockers are provided for storing personal belongings.
Where is the training facility located?
The training will be held in Houston, TX.
Where is the nearest airport?
The nearest airport to the training facilities is the William P. Hobby Airport in Houston TX and transportation will be provided to Hotel from here. However, you can arrive at the Houston Intercontinental Airport but must notify us in advance so we may arrange transportation.
When should I arrive for my training?
We suggest clients arrive the day before your training program start date. Check-in for the training program is 6pm the night before your training begins.
When should I depart after my training is finished?
We suggest clients leave or depart the next day following the completion of the training.
Is transportation included?
Yes. You will be picked up at the hotel as a group by our shuttle and return each night the same way. Shuttle service will also be available to/from the airport.
Is hotel included?
Yes, your hotel accommodations during your time in the program are included as part of the program fees.
Can I bring a visitor or guest with me to watch my training at Waypoint 2 Space?
Yes, you may bring a friend or family member with you to the training but there is a limit of 2 people per trainee AND they must be registered at the same time as the trainee. They will need to submit their security information at the same time as the trainee and complete our Visitors Agreement form upon arrival.
What do I receive as part of the training course?
Your training will be documented throughout your experience with photos and videos. Each trainee will receive the following in addition to Official Graduation Ceremonies commencing on the last day of the program:
- Official Flight Suit
- Official Class Patch and Badge
- Certificate of Graduation
- Personal Portraits and Training Class Photos
- Personalized highlight DVD of your experience
Does my training program include lunch?
Yes. Snacks and lunch will be served at the facility cafeteria. A vegetarian option is always included. If you have special dietary needs, please let a Waypoint 2 Space staff member know.
Can I bring a camera?
Yes, you may bring your own camera and/or video recorder with you to capture additional memories. Waypoint 2 Space will be providing each trainee with professional photos and DVDs of your training experience as souvenirs. Any areas not available to photograph will be mentioned during training.
Can I use my cell phone?
Yes. The use of personal electronics and cell phones are permitted, but only after the scheduled training programs for the day have been completed. You will be provided with devices to use during the program and all photos, videos, etc captured on the devices will be available to you on DVD after graduation. This is to protect the proprietary training materials and sensitive government facilities you may interact with.
Is there anywhere I can safely store my belongings while at the training?
Yes, lockers are available for use to store personal items.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is not allowed in the facility. There is a designated smoking area outside the main entrance.
Is there a souvenir shop available?
Yes. Additional souvenir items are available for purchase at the Waypoint 2 Space gift shop on site.
What is the company’s mailing address?
Waypoint 2 Space
957 NASA Parkway #321
Houston, Texas 77058
What requirements must I fulfill to book my training program?
- Must have current open water scuba certification
- Height and size requirements
- Min. Height: 5’1″ or 61 inches (155 cm)
- Max Height: 6’5” or 77 inches (196 cm)
- Max. Waist Size: 40 inches in circumference (102 cm)
- Max. Chest Size: 40 inches in circumference (102 cm)
- Age Restrictions: Must be 18 years or older
- Medical Requirements
- Obtain Valid FAA Medical Certificate (class 3 or higher) or equivalent. You must have a current electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG) test if over 40 years of age to participate or a waiver signed by your physician. Visit the FAA Locator Site to find an Aeromedical Examiner in your area. You may fax or email a preliminary copy to Waypoint 2 Space and will need to bring the original FAA Medical Certificate when you arrive for training.
- Completion of Forms
- Waypoint 2 Space Booking Forms
- Terms and Conditions
- You will be required to sign additional waiver of liability forms upon arrival
- Indicate your method of payment on the Waypoint 2 Space Registration Form
- A full payment for the program you choose to enroll in
- 95% of the full payment shall constitute a your deposit, with 5% shall constitute a handling fee.
If I do not qualify for a valid FAA Medical Certificate or an acceptable alternative, am I still able to participate in training?
If, for some reason your AME cannot approve your FAA Medical Certificate or it’s equivalent you may still seek approval from your physician to participate in our training programs. However, your physician must certify in writing that you are qualified. This is subject to approval of an Aerospace Medical Examiner (AME).
How do I book my training?
First, congratulations on deciding to participate in the once in a lifetime experience of training like an Astronaut. You can find the registration form by clicking here and visiting our reservation page. Our customer service team will be in touch with you shortly to review your basic information and walk you through the remaining steps in order to enroll you in our program(s).
If you would like to be placed on a waiting list for upcoming sessions, please let our customer service representative know and they will review our wait list policy with you. A 25% deposit is required with all applicable documentation. Once a spot becomes available you will be contacted to schedule your training date, arranging for payment on any balance due to complete your reservation.
If a participant has already paid in full but does not meet all requirements listed above, Waypoint will provide a full refund (minus the 5% handling fee), or re-schedule their event date until such time when the requirements are met for the given program. In this case the advanced payment will be held and credited towards the rescheduled training date.
Will amendments be made to the program?
All amendments within 30 days of event date are at the discretion of Waypoint 2 Space.
Are chartered training programs available?
Chartered training program are possible and may qualify for custom flight suits, shirts, and other unique features. Please email email@example.com for details and pricing.
Should the participant wish to cancel, the following terms are imposed:
- Notification of cancellation must be received in writing by Waypoint 2 Space.
- The following cancellation penalties apply:
- Up until 60 days to event date — 100% refund of payment minus a handling fee equivalent to 5% of the advanced payment. Reservations can be rescheduled without penalty or loss.
- Between 60-30 days to event date — 25% cancellation fee of the advanced payment will be assessed. Reservations can be rescheduled without penalty or loss.
- Less than 30 days to event date — 50% cancellation fee of the advanced payment will be assessed. Reservations can be rescheduled without penalty or loss.
- Less than 15 days to event date — No refunds will be granted for a cancellation and any option to reschedule will be at the sole discretion of Waypoint 2 Space.
Are changes and substitutions allowed?
- Participant name change substitution is allowed provided he/she meets program eligibility and perquisites for program.
- All other changes within 30 days of event date are not possible.
Who is eligible for a training program?
Participation in the Waypoint 2 Spaceflight Training Programs is for participants 18 years and above unless otherwise stated in specific program information. All Waypoint 2 Space programs require a current FAA Medical Class 3 Certificate, its equivalent, or approval from a Waypoint 2 Space physician unless otherwise stated.
Waypoint 2 Space reserves the right to decline acceptance of any individual as a program participant for any reason. Under no circumstances can reservations be sold or resold, and under no circumstances is Waypoint 2 Space obligated to allow the transfer of the reservation.
What is the group size of a training program?
We accept reservations on a first-come, first-served basis. All programs have a minimum class size of 12 people unless otherwise stated. Waypoint 2 Space, at its sole discretion reserves the right to run classes with fewer or more people.
Will program modifications be made?
Waypoint 2 Space reserves the right to modify program content, provided that the modifications do not materially affect the program being offered.
What happens in the event of a program delay and cancellation?
Waypoint 2 Space reserves the right to delay or cancel a program as circumstances warrant. If a program must be cancelled or delayed, Waypoint 2 Space will provide either a full refund or re-schedule another date for participants to attend. Waypoint 2 Space is not responsible for consequential damages or damages resulting from the delay or cancellation, such as non-refundable or penalty carrying airline tickets, special clothing, visa or passport fees or other trip related expenses.
Do non-US participants have specific requirements?
Any non-US citizen may be subject to licensing and may be required to complete a Foreign National License Application prior to arrival.
Is travel insurance available?
Participants are responsible for their personal travel insurance. Typically, travel insurance needs to be purchased in the home country of the participant.
What about applicable law and remedies?
Any disputes arising out of or relating to this reservation shall be governed by the law of the State of Texas. No failure or delay to resolve a dispute shall be deemed a waiver thereof.